1. We must protect the balance, defend the center.
2. If we attack atrophy, we delay its inevitable momentum. Someday, technology will deliver us better control of our metabolism and decay, much as we have evolved energy efficiency in our machines.
3. Death toll in Syria has reached the size of Minneapolis suburban city.
4. Our pain is relational.
5. I need to start the situps I talked about two days ago.
6. I find it disturbing that someone’s divine power actually cares what they’re wearing while at a public gym, especially if it involves someone wearing a long headpiece and cultural dress longer than her shoes while trying to ride an exercise bike, looking very uncomfortable and uncoordinated in the process.
7. Every religion is borne of human blood, every faith born of bioelectrical spirit.
8. Two focuses for 2013: Creation and curation.
9. We are the disease, and there is no cure for being human.
10. Winners of my Creative Pay It Forward Deal: Sonja Chenard, Kris Darling, Petey Symone, Chaosheavymetalguru Journalist, Melissa Dodge, Heather Hoge Rasmussen, Chris “Mr. Attitude” Kaminsky, Kim Durand Ask, Melanie Olsen, Shawna Benish, and Judy Lijewski Van Vleet. I still need to coordinate time with Chris Olson and Sara Aipperspach to deliver them their posters, “In Between States” and “Calhoun Daze”.
1. I had to revise my blog layout again–some things changed, but most stayed the same. It is still a work in progress. Something happened with the template producer’s source files, and the blog titling lost its consistent formatting. I also integrated Social Sharing functions into the pages, so my content can now be posted in your favorite social space. SHARE AWAY!
2. The 3M Protective Eyewear shoot went pretty well, though I am definitely tired of my look. I will post pics from the shoot to my Instagram and Facebook profiles shortly, but I am patiently looking forward to “spring renewal”. I just need to coincide renewal with consistent gym visitation.
3. “Every accomplishment begins with the decision to try”.
4. Anne Hathaway in “Les Miserables” reminded me of a cross between 90s Sinead O’Connor and Enya.
5. IAMX “Volatile Times”: Soundtrack to these days.
6. Sometimes, I need to be reminded that Red Vines do not qualify as a food group.
7. (+1 Fan) Long-time friend Jamie Burns became a fan of my art. Romanian goddess/friend Vivi Ball was nice enough to share my first “Daily Thirteen” with her orbit. Many thanks to both of them, and to each person that engages with my craft.
8. “Kill, yes. Divorce, no.” (Old Georgian joke pertaining to how long Russians live, and how death trumps divorce as their common way to end a marriage.)
9. Mayan Apocalypse and U.S. Fiscal Cliff averted within weeks of each other. Sometimes, I think we create major tragedies to keep our future selves entertained.
10. Building augmented realities, one metaverse at a time.
11. “For the mystic, what is how. For the craftsman, how is what. For the artist, what and how are one.” (McElcheran)
12. A photographer was killed trying to take a picture of Justin Bieber while stopped for a traffic violation. I should mourn the death of a fellow artist, but I’m more appalled that someone as talentless and vapid as Bieber has both a Ferarri and a Fisker Karma. He’s 18. I don’t see the benefit to society of having millionaire teenage idols.
1. First day of 2013. I’m going to attempt to blog thirteen random “things” on a daily basis. Thoughts. Reflections. Observations. Neat shit that happened in my world. Events. Shoutouts. Updates. And tie those with a clip of a recent piece of my art. Why? I’d like to be able to look back over the year and track my accomplishments, creations, peaks, valleys, tweets, pics, and tracker of lost, sometimes insignificant, details of my life, as well as use this forum as a kickstarter for my daily need to write. So, with out further ado, let’s do this.
2. Feel asleep watching the end of Season 4 of “Fringe” at 10pm on New Year’s Eve. That’s how exciting my life is. Love the show, though, and the chemistry between Joshua Jackson and Anna Torv. Quite bummed that it’s done after this season. That aside, let’s aim for a more spectacular start to 2014.
3. (+1 fan) MC Rentz is a fan of my art.
4. Creative plans for my holiday were derailed by headaches and family heartaches.
5. History repeats itself, even when you don’t want it to.
6. Even the most sheltered, immature, naive person is capable of hurting others.
7. Need to do 13 situps, 3xDay, 365. Need to commit to the elimination of the tire again.